Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fall Festival

oakwood elementary holds an annual fall festival. we have attended for the past two years so why would this year be any different? two words - talent show. and which child would you guess would sign up for the talent show? yep, caprice! she loves to show off all her um... 'talents'. of the many she has, singing is her favorite. we were asked to arrive an hour before the festival was scheduled to begin for the kids to rehearse.

caprice and ariana met up with sarah, who would be doing the lead vocals.


after a quick practice run, the girls were set and ready to preform... but not for 2 1/2 more hours. it's a good thing the festival was ready to begin. the school had rented several jumpy things, rides/games, each grade was in charge of a booth, and of course they had food.

alexis had a hard time trying to climb this ladder.

but she's no quitter! she was on to something much more challenging. her goal to run as fast as she can and place the bean bag as far as she could reach - the catch - she was strapped to a bungee cord.


try #1




try #2



try #3



that was fun! and after some hot dogs and chips for dinner, it was time to get back to the talent portion of the evening.

here are the girls all dressed and ready to preform.

caprice, sarah, and presley

you girls looked and sounded fabulous!

6 comments:

the Smith's said...

The girls look so cute! you need a video camera so you can record talent shows! :)
I love my girls!
-Auntie Corissa

the Smith's said...

Oh and can I request Halloween pics to be posted?
Pretty pretty please??!!

-CS

russandkatie said...

hey! I'm glad you left a comment on my blog, I'll add you to my list so I can check yours out too!

Diana said...

I am glad you left a comment for Katie too! Now I know too!
I am wanting to see the talent video too! Did you take one with a digital camera?

Steph and Keith said...

Hey Katrina - cute Blog! Your girls are so adorable!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Yeah...I'm so glad to know you guys have a blog!!! I love seeing all of your pictures...seriously, what a gorgeous family!! So fun to see!!!!