Monday, February 23, 2009

Numero Nueve

i can not believe that my oldest daughter is 9 years old today! it seems like only yesterday that i was taking her home from the hospital. poor kid, i was a nervous wreck. how could they let me take this poor, defenceless infant home?! i didn't have a clue of what to do. i did know that she needed me as much as i needed her. and that if i gave her all of my love she wouldn't turn out half bad.


and here she is!

beautiful! kind! loving! smart!
strong! compassionate! joyful!

what more could i want?!




well, i could want some of her color. ha! look at this girl...and it isn't even summer!



happy birthday alexis anais!

i love you!



look at how much she has grown in a year.

here she is at her bowling birthday party last year.

4 comments:

the Smith's said...

Aleixs is SO cute! And I wouldn't mind some of that year round tan either!!
We love you Alexis!!

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday Alexis! We love you and hope you had a terrific day!

Tovi said...

Happy birthday Alexis! It feels like forever since I last saw you. You have grown! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

My oldest granddaughter...wholy wha...9 years old!!! Tippy farted...don't mix that up again...lol I'm loving you!