Monday, August 10, 2009

Back To School 2009

the school asked for lots, and lots, and lots of supplies. everything from paper towels to paper plates and from glue sticks to reams of paper and from hand sanitizer to post it notes. x's that by 3 and this is what you get.
today was the first day for the girls at their new school. they had tons of fun shopping for all of their above supplies and of course all of their new school clothes. but they were all still a little hesitant on what their new school would be like. would they have nice teachers? would it be easy to make new friends? will there be homework on the first day? all of their fears and doubts were laid to rest. i asked each of the girls what was their favorite thing from today?...
alexis answered
"my teacher. she is really, really nice. she helps everyone in the class."

caprice answered
"i have two favorites and can't choose. first, i made lots of new friends in my class. and second, we played a fun game called around the world with our partners. it was fun."

ariana answered
"i have three favorites. one, my teacher is really nice. two, i got to play with my friends ally and sara at recess. three, was when you (me) came to have lunch with me."

looks like they were dressed for success and had tons of it!

6 comments:

Emily said...

SOOO darling! AND, I can't believe how much they look like they grew this summer!

Claire said...

Your girls are just adorable! I'm glad they all had a fun first day and enjoyed their new school. They all look great! Definitely dressed to impress.

Anonymous said...

Now all my anxious worries are laid to rest...whew!! I had no doubt in my mind they would find and make new friends...the teachers part...I was a bit worried lol...I always knew they always look their best because they have a great mama who takes an active interest in her girls. wonder where she learned that from ay? giggle giggle Gorgeous, simply gorgeous...GML loves you all

Anonymous said...

Quite the ladies!!!! They are adorable and Ms. Caprice... well she is gonna be a heartbreaker. She reminds me of someone I once knew... many moons ago :) I thought it was funny she has a friend Ally and Sarah (way too freaky)!!! Best wishes to them and you.
Luv Al

Sare said...

Goodness your girls are beautiful!!! I'm so glad they had a good first day!!

THE LEWIS' said...

your girls are so cute. i bet its so nice having them back. so i wanted to see what time works good for you for V.T. i will call the girls and do the lesson. I need to get that new name from you. Also wanted to see if you would be interested in running a relay race with me and a few ladies from the ward? its going to be a blast. let us know.