Tuesday, February 2, 2010

30+ Days

i have plenty (well maybe just 2 but they are good ones) of excuses about my lack of blogging in over a month...

1. when we returned home from our wonderful christmas vacation our house had been robbed! not what anyone wants or needs to deal with. while we miss our personal items i was most upset about my privacy being invaded. it is a sick feeling to know that someone has been inside your home and seen beautiful family photos all over the house and still not cared about who they were hurting. jerks! the insurance is taking their sweet time in completing our claim so soon we might get our life back to 'normal'...whatever that is! lol

2. jan 5th my boss decided that i didn't have enough on my plate so she fired me. lame! i posted on fb that i was having a bad day so she deemed that cause to fire me. i cried for a little bit (not in front of her) and then jay says to me "you can't be upset about losing a job you didn't like." hate it when he is right. that ended my crying and i have adjusted quite well to being a stay at home mom. it is the best! i can bring my kids to school and pick them up every day. work out! do all my errands (and nap!) during the day. finished reading the twilight saga! have lunch with my best girl friends! and have dinner on the table at 5pm when jay gets home. although i am looking for something to do out of the home i am enjoying life!

other than that, life is peachy! my family is happy and healthy and i couldn't ask for more!

6 comments:

j said...

Oh, I'm sorry about your house. Hope you guys can get that stuff resolved with the insurance. The sad part is that sometimes we have some stuff that we have no way to replace cause it was our favoritesomething. But I'm happy you guys weren't there cause who knows what could possibly happen.
About your job, Jay is totally right. I got "fired" too. In a bad way... I left my job in an ambulance, but anyways, I was happy cause I hated my job lololo (Long story I can tell you someday but I'm feeling great now).
About having co-workers, your boss and all the crew on your FB I guess you learned a lesson. Never add them as your friend on your FB list cause they are not your friends while you work with them. I totally hear ya.
But anyways, enjoy the great part of life because the bad stuff is not too bad cause we always can take it in as an experience we will always bring the lesson with us, right?
So, if you wanna hang out let me know girl : ) Say hi to Jay for us. We are moving to NM, not sure about the date yet but we would love to see you guys : )
Emilia Jensen

Heather & James said...

i cannot believe that you got robbed! I can't imagine! I'm glad you are enjoying your stay at home time! You deserve! Love ya girl!

Sare said...

I adore you and I am SO GLAD to hear you say all this!!!!!!! You guys are still in my prayers!! Love you!!

Jessica said...

Sooo... I know what you can do... Come visit Braxton and I!! I'm pretty much supposed to chill for a little while longer so this baby doesn't come too early then I can walk him out, so i'm pretty bored all the time!! I'm sorry about all your crap, but i'm glad you're taking it well! Call me love! Miss you

Claire said...

Since you have all sorts of free time these days (yeah, right!), feel free to come over and cuddle Eva whenever you want! Has the insurance company started your claim yet? Hopefully that'll all get taken care of soon. Then you can buy some new bowling shoes and we can go bowling! I was cleared by my midwife today to return to normal activity and I want to bowl!

Katrina said...

Hi Katrina, my name is Katrina also and I am also LDS. I have met a few other peopled named Katrina but none of them were LDS. I stubbled across your blog because I was playing that game "Katrina needs" and you were the first hit on google.

Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of knowing that there is another LDS Katrina. I live in California and have 3 boys and am in the process of adopting a little girl. We should be going to the San Diego Temple some time in May to have her sealed to us.

Sorry about your house and job. Hope this makes you smile.