Wednesday, March 2, 2011

29 +1

i have been dreading the big 3 0 for awhile now. jay told me last year that he was holding the door to the 30's open for me...i told him to shut it and to not let me in! lol love you honey! but, like it or not i am officially 29+1...ok ok i'm 30! 30 is going to be what i make it...it is going to be great! i had my first birthday party ever. so much fun! glitter toes and fancy nails by the always awesome emily. it was so fun to have so many people that i care about all around me having fun! and two of my favorite people conspired and brought my first ever birthday cake...let me clarify...birthday cheesecake! it was heavenly!

while all that fun was a few days earlier, the actual big day did not disappoint. i was greeted by my beautiful twin and her super cute daughter. we had a day of sushi and shopping! perfect! sweet ellie even sang happy birthday to us! you have to check out the video on my sister's blog.
thanks for always being there for me, sis! i love you! here's to a fabulous 30 for the both of us!
and just to make sure i keep busy this year i have made a list of things to do:
30 while 30:
1. take a sewing class
2. dress up and go have dessert in the compass room
3. go on a family camping trip
4. run pat's run faster than my last time of 44min

(4/16 - due to severe knee pain i ran the race in 50.11 min)
5. finish my personal progress and earn my young women medallion
6. try another ivf cycle
7. send out christmas cards
8. organize the garage
9. take a family name to the temple
10. hike havasupai
11. build my business
12. turn my blog into a book
13. go to california with my hubby for a weekend
14. visit the salt lake city utah temple

(3/15 and 3/16 visited and did a session)

15. learn how to jar/can food
16. build my families food storage up to at least 3 months
17. sew an outfit for each of my girls
18. make a cleaning schedule and stick to it
19. make my own cookbook
20. plant a garden with foods that i can put in my food storage
21. participate in a triathlon
22. run a 10k
23. paint the downstairs of my house
(living room, piano room, guest room and bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, dining room)
24. keep my blog up to date
25. help alexis complete her faith in god before she turns 12
26. hike picacho peak with jay
27. research and complete a family service project
28. make family halloween costumes
29. plan a budget friendly menu each month
30. take each of the girls out on a date

2 comments:

Sare said...

Just wanted to say I love you. You're wonderful.

Tovi said...

I love this list. You are inspiring. Thanks for the fun visit. We had such a good time and can't wait to see you again!