Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Tooth Fairy?!

yes, that's right, alexis left a letter (note) for the tooth fairy.

it reads

i need $6 for a web-kins, little kinz
pleass

i have never been the kind of mom to encourage writing letters to santa so when i found a note to the tooth fairy i was caught a little off guard. i replaced the note with the standard $3 and made my way out of her room as quick as i could. i took jay the note and we both had to laugh! alexis told us the night before that she had put her tooth under her pillow and was ready for the tooth fairy, we know now what she meant by that.

when she woke up, we had to pretend that we knew nothing of the note. needless to say, she was disappointed. she ate her breakfast in silence and continued the rest of her morning routine that way.

i felt bad but what could i do?! give in? what would the next request be? lol

what would you have done?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it very clever of Alexis to make such a request. What was it for anyway? A Web what?

russandkatie said...

very clever!!! I don't think I would have given in either. too funny!

Anonymous said...

I think I would have somehow given a note back to the affect of the tooth fairy can't give everbody what they want or the tooth fairy would be broke, save your money, maybe you can do extra chores for a little extra money. That's just me though. That's quite clever.

the Smith's said...

That is hilarious! Alexis is very thoughtful and creative! I'm glad you kept your consistency though! Poor tooth fairy would be broke in a few more years! :) gotta love what comes from the mouths of babes!
Love all my girls!!
Auntie Corissa

Michelle said...

hahaha. seriously $3.00 for a tooth!!! i think i got a quarter. with $3.00 a tooth she'll have $6.00 in no time.

KCordell said...

That's hilarious. She's a little sneaky one. She's too cute for her own good too. Don't give in. Pierce always works me like none other and I always have to remind myself, "I'm the adult." Otherwise he would get everything he wants because kids are just so dang cute.

Anonymous said...

I think "you" should have given her the other 3 to make up for it (hee hee). What is the thing she wanted anyway? She's a smart cookie! Better be careful she might start knockin' teeth out on purpose so that she gets enough money.
Luv Al

Heather & James said...

How cute is that!! I love it. But you did the right thing. Make her do chores for the other $3.

love ya,
H

Jules said...

Tell her in the future she should SAVE her teeth. Bradley saved 6, yes, SIX teeth before putting them under his pillow so that he could get more at one time!!
KIDS!!