Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Homemade Hazelnut Hot Cocoa

around christmas time, our good friend emily gave us some homemade hazelnut hot cocoa. as soon as i tried it i knew i was going to have to make it for myself (and maybe share some). she was more than willing to share the recipe with me and i would like to share it with you...

1 large can (1 lb) nestle quick
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 8 qt. box of powdered instant dry milk
1 bag of marshmallows (optional)
1 lb. non dairy coffee creamer (these can be purchased in 1/2 lb. containers, so if you want two different flavors (ie. one vanilla and another one hazelnut, mix all three of the ingredients above, divide it in half, and and then add in the flavor mixes)

mix thoroughly in a large bowl and store in a dry container

add 3 heaping teaspoons to 1 (5 ounce) cup of hot water or about 1/3 a cup to a mug

and enjoy!

thanks for sharing emily!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that I could pass the addiction on to others. :)

Molly said...

Thanks for posting the recipe-that stuff was so good, I have to make it for Todd!

Steph and Keith said...

Sounds good. My sister bought me some Stevensons Hazelnut Hot Cocoa from Utah (she can't find that brand here) and says it's the best! I really like it, but I've never tried any other hazelnut, so I can't compare it. Anyways, I'm almost out, so this'll have replace my empty can. By the way, I love stirring a candycane in my hazelnut - I really like the flavors together!

Heather & James said...

Yum!! I love hazelnut hot choc! My favorite!