Monday, September 27, 2010

Knee News

after tolerating my knee pain for the past few years, i finally had enough. i met with the orthopaedic doctor and he said surgery was my only option. not what i wanted to hear! but i was brave and scheduled it....then i went out to my car and cried! i am too young for this lol
the big day: fri, sept 24th
the technical term: right knee scope, lateral release, chondroplasty
activity for the following day: nada! and so, as the doctor ordered, this is how i spent the weekend....jay was such a great nurse! he was always ready with ice or pain meds or food whenever i needed. thanks honey!
today, monday, i was finally able to remove the dressing and shower. yay!
two little incisions marked with stitches.
jay asked if there was a knee cap in there somewhere...very funny!
i have been up and around with no crutches all day....those things are awful! i am able to bend past a 90* angle and put full weight on it. yay!
special thanks for all of the loving people who checked in on me. we were blessed with having our girls cared for, meals, calls, messages, beautiful flowers, get-well brownies.
thank you all so much for your love and concern! xoxo

2 comments:

The Nothums said...

Katrina! I had that EXACT SAME SURGERY....TWICE in high school! One on each knee. I know exactly how you're feeling right now! Drugs were my best friend for a while. Haha. I have to tell you, it did make a difference. However, I remember it taking me much, much longer to have so much mobility. Lucky you! Anyway, good luck with recovery! Oh, and I got 4 wholes in each knee...guess your dr knows how to do it less invasively. =)

Heather & James said...

ouchie!! I'm sorry i'm not there to bring over a dinner and movie!! Hang in there. We love you!